Posted on July 21 2016
So you're breastfeeding, and pumping, and about to return to work. I understand from my personal experience that breastfeeding and pumping are not easy. In fact, it’s really hard. Having and raising a baby is hard. Breastfeeding is hard. And if you add working and pumping to it, it could bring it to a whole new level. For that, you’re the best mother your baby could ask for!
Just like you I have been through a lot of hassles when I first started pumping and working. So I’m putting together a packing list for your pump bag at work or when you’re out and about. I hope it would be helpful:
- A picture of your baby
- An electric breast pump machine with all its accessories: flanges, connectors, tubing, power cords, etc
- At least 4-6 bottles with lids
- 8-10 breastmilk storage bags and a marker to label
- A hand sanitizer bottle
- A small pack of wet wipes for spills
- 4 extra breast pads
- 1 battery pack with batteries for your pump machine
- 1 hand pump (just in case)
- Ice packs to keep milk cold
- 1 microwave sterilization bag
- Your new Kaylaa breast pump bag (of course : ))
Did I miss anything? Let me know by leaving a comment below. I would love to hear from you.